P-Bot Has No Hope In NG P-Bot Has No Hope In NG

Very well done! The music kicks ass, the controls are fluent, and the cutscenes are priceless!

I think it's great that each level adds a new enemy with new ways of using projectiles, which change even more as the enemy numbers dwindle. However, given P-Bot's projectile-spamming element and the limited space for each level, I think increasing the number of enemies for each stage adds a feeling of tediousness rather than challenge.

The increasing enemy numbers isn't tedious enough to write off the whole game, though. The enemies themselves lend a great deal to the enticing and intense gameplay, but I guess I personally have the most fun fighting the bosses; I loved experiencing what unique challenges each boss possessed and learning how to overcome them. That, along with the hilarious cutscenes, is what kept me playing through easy mode and lent me curiosity to see what hard mode had to offer.

It's hardworking people such as yourselves that help keep Newgrounds going in a seemingly tough time, and the hard work and effort really shows here. Again, well done!

Dead Drunk 1.9 Dead Drunk 1.9

The idea of creating a game that combines the use of physics with some platforming elements seems pretty neat. A few things fall short here though:

For one, I'm not even sure what half the controls do. The shift button seems to help a little with landing jumps, but other than that, I'm not sure what to make of it. Running is mentioned a few times, but that's another thing I seem to be having a hard time with. I've tried tapping the directional button by itself, with other buttons held...I'm just not sure how to do that, if it's possible to do. I'm guessing the point here is to figure it out by playing it since that's the point of games that use physics as the focal point for a player to proceed.

The "unconscious-to-1HP" feature seems to be a double edge sword here. Sometimes it can be a saving grace from death by doing something such as falling from high places while not having a correct landing. Most of the time though, I find myself trying to get up or get out from somewhere and make a lot of mistakes which causes me to lose consciousness numerous times before figuring out how to proceed. I'd rather just die and immediately start from the last checkpoint to try again. Having a restart button to the last checkpoint is nice to get out of situations I am stuck in, so definitely kudos for having that!

With that said, I'm not sure what use is having a gameplay speed option. Playing the game at 0.5x speed only exacerbates the "unconscious" feature I previously mentioned. I also seem to lag a lot during some parts, especially when the game fades to white. But I'm not sure if the game plays a role in that or just my computer.

I do like how the health was done in this game. Overall, I think this is a good effort with a few things needing to be tweaked. I got to an area where there was a tank and some grinding gears. I think I'll give this another shot soon.

EGurt responds:

Thank you for review! The basic controls are Arrows + Space, but the rest ones can be useful once you'll try to reach Second Ending in this game.

Usually other players in background can show how to pass certain places, but you can try to guess it yourself.

I'll take a look how I can improve white screen speed. By some reason it is working slow for some computers.

UPD: White screen speed is now aligned to real time instead of frame rate. Problem with it must disappear now!

Gyossait Gyossait

Damn good.

While the jumping control takes getting used to, this is a very thrilling and stimulating platformer. The storyline is awesome and learning how to play the game as you go along is fun and challenging. Boss battles are not too challenging however, but prove to be entertaining. Very atmospheric with the lights dimmed, making this an enjoyable experience. I found it to be so much so I played it and beaten it twice, mainly to check out areas I might have missed. Definitely give this a shot.

The Room Tribute The Room Tribute

Done very nicely!

It honestly took me about two minutes after starting to realize, "Oh shit, this is the movie I saw on Adult Swim that one time!" This game follows true to the movie, and the added elements and game play that goes along with it makes it nothing short but golden!