Coldspace Coldspace

Immersive and expressive. I dig it!

Pokemon Games are Just a Serie Pokemon Games are Just a Serie

Oh my, this is hilarious. I'm glad you still post on Stewgrounds as well.

KSYM Metal Show Intro-Metaljon KSYM Metal Show Intro-Metaljon

Well executed and well produced! The keys seem to be a nice touch as well.

I'll be checking out KSYM Metal Show. College radio stations that play metal could always use support!

Metaljonus responds:

Thanks dude! Gotta love any radio station that plays GOOD metal! hehe!

My Rules (Trash Talk cover) My Rules (Trash Talk cover)

That motherfucker down there with the pone avatar made me laugh.

I only wish the guitar was a bit more prominent in the mix. Needs a bit more bite so it doesn't sound muddled up with the other instruments. But still, three stars for the cover choice! I saw Trash Talk a week ago with DEP. Their set was rowdy as hell, I absolutely loved it. The vocalist elbowed me in the face by mistake which really sobered me up hehe. But now I digress.

wr1t3r responds:

Thanks a lot, man!

Management Of Souls Management Of Souls

Excellent production! I really dig the crisp guitar tone. Part of me wishes the bass guitar was real, but it sounds great. The pick sound really gives it attack while still having a warm presence.

This is very impressive composition-wise. There was not a dull moment listening to this. The guitar melodies carry this piece well in my opinion. Also the transitions at 2:00 and 3:34 are way sick!

I definitely know how you feel when it comes to making music on a low budget. But keep at it! The quality here in terms of playing and production is really good. I'm looking forward to more!

MetalJody responds:

Thanks a ton, sir! Glad you found no dull moments. Some listeners do, but then some don't, like you and I. Always making more music, slowly but surely! :)

Airwrecka Hide Airwrecka Hide

I hope Airwrecka likes it. It's quite an interesting piece. The swells in the beginning were sick! I dig the sound of the piano as well.

Speeding Rampage 2012 Speeding Rampage 2012

Speeding Rampage is one of my personal favorite tracks here on the Audio Portal. In fact, I can recall writing a short, but ecstatic review for that track under an account name called MetalMaster. To be 14 again, hehehe.

But anyway, I quite enjoyed this revisiting of what I consider to be a NG metal classic. I'll try not to make this review one giant comparison to older version, but one thing I definitely like about this version is how the drum hits seem flow a lot better with this one. Even at a different tempo, there is a Dark Angel vibe here that I am an absolute sucker for and the drums here make that apparent along with the galloping rhythm guitars. The lead guitar at 1:22 is also a nice touch.

There was one pinch harmonic around 0:16 that sounded a bit dead and threw me a bit off. Other than that, the playing is tight.

Overall, a great piece! It really shows that not all re-recordings in metal are taboo.

GoreBastard responds:

Thanks for the awesome words! I know exactly what you mean about that pinch. I hate that part! I wish I'd have fixed it before uploading!

It's cool that you mentioned the Dark Angel feel. I think that when I wrote this a few years ago, that's the band I was influenced by at the time. It was 'The New Priesthood', From the 'Time Does Not Heal' album. That awesome galloping riff about halfway through the song.

Haha

Cheers again!!

Raptor - The Turning II Raptor - The Turning II

A top notch production. The guitars sound dirty, but they have punch and clarity well suited for the style. The vocals remind of Chad Grey from his days in Mudvayne, which is cool. Actually, I do hear quite a bit of Mudvayne influence here which is not a bad thing in the least bit. The song flowed well from beginning to end. A great effort, especially for a piece from a debut release!

JacobusMusic responds:

Thanks for the review ! Glad you enjoyed the track !

Rendered into Descent Rendered into Descent

Composition-wise there are many sections that are reminiscent of Mega Man songs, which I dig a lot. The ending is climatic and well-suited. Good work!

Rush Rush

Very upbeat and fun! Making the notes struck on the piano ring out a bit longer might help enhance the piece a little. Or even adding some sort of heavy reverb effect to the piano would do well for that section. Other than that, good job!

Proto5 responds:

Thanks man, yea I heard ya. hope you enjoyed it!